A new study shows that computer science graduates have low expectations of what they can earn as soon as they leave school; at the same time, most other graduates believe that they should earn a lot more than they get.
All this information is based on a study of computer science engineer salary.
Clever, a platform that connects domestic buyers and sellers, recently reviewed the PayScale College Salary Report along with a different study of wage expectations by LendEDU, then compared them to where graduates may be out of line with respect. to employment expectations. When all majors are included, the average out-of-school wage expectancy is $ 57,964. Average earnings in a first postgraduate job are $ 47,000.
Some graduates are gone. “Physical or life sciences” degree holders are trying to earn nearly $ 65,000 … but in fact they get around $ 51,000. Leading communication / journalism experts ask for nearly $ 52,000 in their first job and get $ 10,000 less. Title holders believe they are worth about $ 61,000 and earn about $ 46,500.
Engineering graduate holders / Website Developer expect around $ 64,615 and earn around $ 64,200. Those with humanities / liberal arts / English / history think that their first job should pay $ 43,843, and those jobs pay around $ 43,860.
Only two disciplines earn more than respondents expect: nursing and average computer science salary. Those with a nursing diploma are close (they expect to earn $ 62,417 for the first year and get $ 66,600), while Computer Science graduate holders are far away. CS graduates think they must earn $ 59,303, but earn $ 68,800 on average.
There is another interesting aspect: computer science degrees offer the highest starting salary on this list. Engineering is close and nursing care is closer, but CS graduates earn more money in their first job.
These graduates also have one of the biggest gaps between expectation and reality. We are not sure if this means that IT graduates are unaware of what technology companies pay or if they have not really considered what they want to do in their first job. Interestingly, Clever data also shows that while students work through their four-year degree programs, earnings expectations decrease. When in their final year of college, students lowered their annual earnings expectations by nearly $ 4,000.
We appreciate the fact that computer science graduates are so humble, but let’s say they go for gold. Student loans are not a joke!
Highest-paid IT jobs Are computer workers well-paid? Obviously! This is because the demand for IT experts is higher than ever. Furthermore, you will find that being a computer scientist is not an easy specialist. Many jobs require only a bachelor’s degree in computer science, but a master’s degree in management may require specialized knowledge and work experience.
We did our research and found a large PayScale report showing the highest paid IT jobs in the United States.We have added both the average annual salary and the average professional salary – you will receive after 10 years of work experience.
1.Director of software development
- Average annual salary: USD 143,000
- Mid-career salary: USD 157,000
Main responsibilities and tasks of Director of software development:
- Design and manage the software development process
- Facilitate communication between different team members and departments
- Communicate with customers and identify potential product improvements
- Train and guide junior programmers
- Create detailed reports, assessments and presentations
2.Principal software engineer
- Average annual salary: USD 135,000
- Mid-career salary: USD 142,000
Main responsibilities and tasks of Principal software engineer:
- Resize projects efficiently
- Maximize performance and minimize costs
- Ensure compliance with design, application and maintenance standards
- Evaluate systems and networks
3.Site reliability engineer (SRE)
- Average annual salary: $ 116,600
- Mid-Career Salary: USD 135,000
Main responsibilities and tasks of Site reliability engineer:
- Develop systems and software that improve the reliability of the website
- Deploy on demand and manage incidents
- Work together with product developers on solutions
- Make sure the software delivery pipeline is efficient
- Average annual salary: USD 85,600
- Career Salary: $ 111,000
Main responsibilities and tasks of Security advisor:
- Assess potential threats and take preventive measures
- Design and improve data security systems
- Create emergency plans for breaches or data loss
5.Development engineer (DevOps)
- Average annual salary: USD 93,000
- Career Salary: USD 107,000
Main responsibilities and tasks of Development engineer:
- Create and manage website platforms
- Manage cloud infrastructure and system administration
- Prioritize and fix problems quickly